Pletschette Family Tree - Homepage
last updated: July 26, 2000
Here is the history of Theresa, J. Pierre Pletschette &
Maria Asselborn's (Asselboix's) daughter
8. Theresa Pletscher * 24JAN1794 Neunhausen
+ aft 26MAR1828 Nives, Belgique
oo Jean Hubert Lambin * 18NOV1792 Nives, Belgique
oo 18MAY1813 Nives, Belgique
Jean Hubert was the son of Jean Henry Lambin and
Marie Therese Lecomte. It appears Theresa Pletscher
(note the different spelling) and Jean Hubert lived
in Nives, Belgique and had one known daughter:
9. Catherine Joseph Lambin * 26MAR1828 Nives, Belgique
+ 29JUN1904 Martelange, Beligique
oo Michel Birchen * 02AUG1825 Messancy, Belgique
+ 09NOV1871 Martelange, Belgique
oo bef 15MAR1855 Nives, Belgique
Michel was the son of Michel Birchen and Marie Wagner.
It appears Catherine & Michel live in Martelange,
Belgique and had two children:
10. ? Birchen *Unknown +Unknown
oo Nicolas Leonard *Unknown +Unknown
10. Jacques Birchen * 15MAR1855 Martelange, Belgique
+ 20DEC1919 Unknown
oo Marguerite Thiltges * 27DEC1856 Bonnert, Belgique
+ 02APR1945 Arlon, Belgique
oo 14JUL1880 Arlong, Belgique
Marguerite was the daughter of Nicolas Thilges and
Anne Marie Wagner (pehaps a relative of Marie Wagner?).
It appears Jacques and Marguerite lived in Arlon, Belgique
and had eleven children:
11. Marie Josephine Birchen * Unknown in Arlon
+ 15MAR1946 in Arlon
11. Marie Mathilde Birchen * 20JAN1881 Arlong
+ 01JUN1881 Longwy, France
11. Lea Germaine Birchen *Unknown +Unknown
oo Antoine Thill *Unknow +Unknown
11. Jean Pierre Birchen * 02MAR1882 Longwy, France
+ 16OCT1927 Courcelles, Belgique
It appears Jean Pierre and his wife had two children:
10. Maragot Birchen *Unknown +Unknown
oo ? Deleeus *Unknown +Unknown
10. Jean Birchen *Unknown +Unknown
11. Marie Catherine Birchen * 10MAR1884 Arlon, Belgique
+ 22MAY1973 Tillet, Belgique
oo Edouard Delperdange * Unknown + Unknown
It appears Marie and Edouard had two children:
10. Roger Delperdange
10. Jean Delperdange
11. Anne Mathilde Birchen * 18JUL1888 Unknown where
+ 06SEP1934 Tillet, Belgique
oo Albert Gillet *Unknown +Unknown
It appears Anne Mathilde and Albert had one child:
10. Roland Gillet * Unknown + Unknown
oo ? Jordens * Unknown + Unknown
11. Francoise Rosalie Birchen * 14SEP1890 Arlon, Belgique
+ 15MAR1976 Vilvorde, Belgique
oo Octave Blondeau * Unknown + Unknown
11. Jacques Henri Albert Birchen * 16OCT1892 Arlong, Belgique
+ 11FEB1977 Woluwe-St.Pierre,
oo Marie Josephine Eugenie Francais *Unknown +Unknown
Marie was the daughter of Francois Francais and
Theresa LeJeune. Marie was also married to
Raymond Wilmart. Together they had:
12. Paule Birchen *Unknown +Unknown
oo Guy Francois Cyrille Gerard Ghislain Languy
* Unknown + Unknown
13. Therese Languy * Unknown + Unknown
oo Bernard Corminboeuf * Unknown + Unknown
14. Cecile Corminboeuf * Unknown + Unknown
14. Lyse Corminboeuf * Unknown + Unknown
14. Maud Corminboeuf * Unknown + Unknown
13. Xavier Languy * Unknown + Unknown
oo Fabienne Verstraeten * Unknown + Unknown
14. Sibylle Languy * Unknown + Unknown
14. Samuel Languy * Unknown + Unknown
13. Jean Francois Joseph Jacques Languy
* Unknown + Unknown
oo Brigitte Rossomme * Unknown + Unknown
Brigitte was the daughter of
Jacques Rossome & Germaine Devulder
14. Fabian Luc Jacques Languy * Unknown + Unknown
14. Americ Patrick Raymond Languy * Unk + Unk
14. Enguerran Claude Michel Languy * Unk + Unk
13. Marc Languy * Unknown + Unknown
oo Jeanine ??? * Unknown + Unknown
14. Thierry Languy * Unknown + Unknown
11. Germaine Lea Birchen * 31JUL1894 Arlon, Belgique
+ 23OCT1972 Bruxelles, Belgique
oo Ernest Tabart * Unknown + Unknown
11. Jules Eugene Birchen * 11DEC1897 Arlon, Belgique
oo Louise Pianna * Unknown + Unknown
It appears they had four children:
10. Annie Birchen
10. Julot Birchen
10. Margo Birchen
10. Jean Birchen
11. Edourd Paul Birchen * 08FEB1900 Arlon, Belgique
+ 16JUN1972 Woluwe-St. Pierre,
Note: All of the above information was taken off the web.
http://Jean Pierre Pletschette & Maria Asselboix@find.net
A message was sent to the web master June, 2000, but as of
yet, no response.
==============================SOME MORE QUESTIONS=======================
Thank you so much for the information! Every little "tidbit" is
It's another piece to the "puzzle".
1. We show Pierre Pletschette (son of Bernard & Catherine Kellen)as
being born in Neunhausen on 04SEP1816.
Do you show him as being born in Erpeldingen on 21NOV1814?
2. Do you think perhaps, Fernand's Jean Pletschette b. 1836-1902 was
#9 on my family tree, Jean Guillume Pletschet b. 01JUN1835? Jean
Guillume was the youngest son of Bernard & Catherine, brother to
3. To date, we show J. Pierre & Maria Asselborn had the following
- Theresa (she spelled her last name Pletscher) * 24JAN1794
- Bernard B 01AUAG1794 (these dates may be incorrect, as these
two are less than 9-months apart!!)
- Anne Marie (Steve's ancestor) * 1800
Do you know if J. Pierre & Maria had any more children?
4. What does it mean: "She was born 17 pluviose IX Neunhausen"?
5. Reflecting on what you wrote about Sophie (1855), is called
Josephine, who died 07MAR1866,
and Katharina Sophie who married John Agnes,
in reviewing my hand-written family tree,
I believe you are correct!
My records indicate John & Katharina Sophie (who everyone called
Sophie) had a daughter in Trail, Minnesota - they named her
Most likely after her sister!
In answer to Steve's last mail I hereby sent you my last findings.
Pierre Pletschette (1816) in Neunhausen,
son of Bernard and Catherine Kellen,
b. Nov 21,1814 in Erpeldingen married on Feb 21, 1836 in Eschweiler.
I've found the following children, Anna Margaretha (1839),
Marie Catherine (1840),
Jean Pierre (1843), Jean Pierre (1844), Wilhelm (1846),
Pierre (1848), Anna Catharina (1850).
So I don't know who were the parents of the Jean born 1836.
On the other side I've found the marriage record of Joseph Palen
and Anna Catharina Pletschette in Neunhausen.
Her parents were Peter Pletschette and
Anna Maria Asselborn. She was born 17 pluviose IX in Neunhausen.
So I think that Pletschette-Asselborn are the common ancestors
of Carol and Steve.
Finallay I think that your ancestors, Carol, came from Bavigne,
children of Nicolas Pletschette and Anna Margaretha Wilmes.
According to the records the child that you call Sophie (1855),
is called Josephine and died March 7, 1866.
So I believe that she was not married to John Anges,
it was probably her sister Katharina Sophie (1868) who was
That's all for the moment. Many greetings to all of you
Hello everybody, ............................ Wednesday, July 26, 2000
I apologize I've made a mistake in my last mail.
Pierre Pletschette was well born in 1816, it's his wife
Anne Marie Fourman who was born in 1814.
Born 17 pluviose IX refers to the french republican calendar
introduced by the french revolution. It was abolished some
years later again. The date means Feb 6, 1801.
Carol Arnold-Pletschett July 24, 2000
NB.. The abbreviations abt. & aft. are for about
and after to indicate that the date is not